Thursday, July 24, 2014

Princess Ballet Camp

What can be better than ballet and princesses?! Nothing. Nothing is better to Addie then dancing around in her tutu and hanging out with a different Disney princess everyday. She has absolutely loved Princess Ballet Camp.

So much in fact that after ballet she keeps on her leotard and accessorizes. Dress up skirt, mardi gras beads, flip flops. In public. 



For me, princess camp has been a little trickier. I'm trying to time everything perfectly so no one needs a bottle when I should be dropping off/picking up another child. It's also important to make it everywhere on time. 

Today the plan did not unfold as it should have. Bentley Claire woke up (starving) a little earlier than expected. It threw the whole day off. Breakfast was rushed, we quickly got dressed, I threw on a hat, and Elle was about five minutes late for school. Close enough to on-time. Carpool was still running. 

Well picking up Addie from ballet just happened to coincide perfectly with Bentley Claire's massive meltdown. She has started this scream/cry when she is hungry and the two-room ballet studio would not have been a good place to hang out. I usually carry a spare bottle with me but I went to work on my classroom between pickups today instead of going back home. 

Rather than going in and making everyone miserable, I stayed in my car until it was exactly time for the class to let out while she wailed. Unfortunately, ballet let out a minute or two early so Addie was inside thinking that her mom wasn't there to pick her up. There were parents and kids everywhere because one class ends at the same time another one starts. When I walked in (at exactly 11:15) she was looking all neglected. I had to give the "I've been here the whole time, I would never leave you" spill. What's going to happen when I'm actually late? 

Andrew says I enjoy being late and in some instances I agree. No one is on time for a party. But most of the time I really can't help it. I try my best. Drop-off is much harder than pick-up. So far I've never been late picking my kids up and I would like to continue that streak. I'm sure it's unavoidable but I am busting it to get where I should be. Maybe I will put my pillow and blanket in the car and sleep between my children's events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment