Tuesday, July 29, 2014

cabin fever

Do you ever feel like the walls are closing in on you and you just have to get out of the house? No? Maybe I should re-decorate or let some more light in because I get this feeling a lot. I've been like this for as long as I remember.

Being by myself for even 10 minutes a day is so important. I used to get that time on the way to school but now I have a few more passengers that tag along. I end up going to the coffee shop or riding around (listening to my music, not Disney princesses) to re-energize. Sometimes both.

The other day I went to the nearest coffee shop (with Elle because she was extra crazy and Andrew begged me to take her along) dressed in pjs, shoeless, and paci-less. I had a short amount of time to keep her occupied. I ordered as usual, drove through, pulled up to the window and realized I had no money. None. My wallet was sitting on the kitchen counter 5 miles away. Do you think I went back home and parked it like a responsible adult would? No, I did not. I went home, got my wallet, and came back for my Iced Skinny Caramel Latte. I needed it. 

I'm sure they were all like "Oh, she's never coming back" and threw my drink away. I wonder how often that happens? Are there others? The girl was sweet and made me a new drink but if I had gone to Starbucks all along, I wouldn't have needed my wallet. There's an app for that. Just sayin'. My Sbux love has very little to do with the coffee. I may be addicted to earning stars and maintaining my Gold status. If the other coffee shop had an app and a reward system I would go there more. And now you know. I'm not a coffee snob, it all boils back down to my tech nerd status. 

No comments:

Post a Comment