Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fifth of July

At the Edwards house we celebrate the 4th and 5th of July. Andrew's birthday is this Saturday and it's the last birthday before he hits the big 3-0.

While I have a list of 20 things that I am dying for on my birthday, he is selfless and doesn't ask for anything. I'm sure there are things that he wants but he would rather us surprise him. Great.

In theory this is a good idea and I love to surprise people. In real life, he doesn't get excited when we surprise him so it's not that fun. We are still working on this.

One year I planned out this whole surprise birthday trip. I told him to pack his bag and put it in the car before he went to work but I wouldn't tell him where we were going. When he got home, we jumped in the car and headed to an antebellum plantation called the Dunleith in Natchez.

GPS gave it away. I clearly didn't think that part through.


The Dunleith is gorgeous. And it was a good idea. Except that I was pregnant and VERY sick. I don't remember much of the trip but I think we ended up making it to dinner one night so that Andrew could eat a meal. 

Happy Birthday honey, can you get me some sprite? Natchez is still on our redo list. 

Hopefully this year will be better than that one. Addie and I have a few surprises up our sleeves. Muahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment