Monday, July 28, 2014

Perspective

Perspective is a humbling thing. While mindlessly perusing Facebook I came across a picture that I had not seen of Elle. Her Mother's Morning Out class was holding up a sign of encouragement for a little boy in her class with cancer. He was cancer free and it came back.

He is Elle's age.

Being thrown up on suddenly didn't seem so bad. I sat and stared and tears welled up at the thought of going through that with a child. 

We have had friends go through tragic, unimaginable things with their children.The worst thing I have been through was an early miscarriage. It was life-changing for us and a very sad time. We learned to trust God's timing and rely on His plan instead of our own. We both grew from the experience yet it seems to pale in comparison. I've volunteered at a children's hospital and know how difficult and draining it can be on the family physically, emotionally, and financially. Those families seem to strap on their superhero capes and do it. They don't spend time dwelling on it. I truly believe that God gives us strength when we don't think we are strong enough. 

It's so easy for me to get caught up in the chaos of whatever and forget about anything outside of my little world. As I fill up another cup of pedialyte I am reminded that it's all about perspective. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen! I think about this often and how it must make God so sad for us as His children to complain when things don't go our way about the little and big stuff. I read posts all the time about missionaries and orphans in Haiti, and friends of mine who have lost children. I hope I have my eternal goggles on more often than my temporary ones! PS- I hope to start up blogging again soon :) So therapeutic and great family journal! Did you know you can have your blog posts printed into a coffee table book now? Thanks for sharing! E. Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to look into the coffee table book!

      Delete