Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Magnum PI

As we were driving home the other night, a team of police flew by us with their sirens blaring and lights flashing. They were going so fast that debris flew up in the air. Most people would say "Wow," gasp, and keep driving. 

Not me. I go straight into detective mode. 

Little known fact about me, I listen to the police scanner every now and then. If something major is going on in the country, the first thing I do is open up my Cop Radio app. It's intriguing but most of all, distant. 

Remember the Boston marathon car chase that went down in Watertown last year? I listened LIVE all day and all night to the Boston area police scanners. My brothers and I were texting nonstop like we were on the case. I kid you not. The scanner kept getting shut down and then someone did a live video stream of their real scanner. I watched a police scanner box and listened for hours. Could not pry myself away. 

I understand that a lot of you are judging me harshly right now. I have two brothers and this is what we do. Maybe we should be detectives? I don't know. 

Back to the police that we saw in our town. I have a completely and totally irrational fear of crime. I mean, run like a psycho if someone scary looks at me. But...I may have circled back to check out the drama. I dreamed up a thousand posibilities of what could have been going on. 

Crazy? Absolutely. 

I never could figure out what was going on but for about 5 minutes it was really dramatic. As if I needed to add to my crazy status. Now you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment