Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dance parties

Since my maternity leave spilled into summer, I have gotten some serious bonding time in with the kids. I've learned a lot about each of their personalities. 

Andrew walked in from work the other day and all three (BC can't dance yet, she will join in on the fun soon enough) of us were spastically dancing around in the living room. I mean, I would die if anyone (other than Andrew) walked in. Not only were we tearing it up, I am ashamed to admit that it was to the SiriusXM Hits station. I usually listen to cooler music than that. Andrew swears that our kids are going to love bubblegum pop because of me. I hope not, but every once in a while I just can't help myself. It's catchy.  

Addie is much more reserved while dancing (like me in public) but Elle. Oh. My. Gosh. One day I will post a video. This little girl is hilarious. I hope she always remains uber confident because she sure rocks it now. She uses a pivot foot and kicks out like she is riding a scooter. I have no idea how she keeps dancing after spinning around so much but she does. There is also a signature arm move that she has. Maybe we have seen the penguin dance from Mary Poppins one too many times? 

I hope you all have marvelous dance parties in your homes too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment