Monday, July 14, 2014

Fresh...and not so fresh

Elle started "school" today! Anyone with an active toddler knows what this means. I can run errands and start easing my way back into work. Yay! Bentley Claire and Addie pretty much go with the flow so most of the time I just let them tag along. 

School mornings mean we have a lot to do in a short amount of time. (The car is pretty much packed the night before.) I woke up around 6 am to a hungry baby and noticed that it was really hot in the house. No air conditioning in Mississippi might be the equivalent of standing next to a volcano (after it has rained). 

After dealing with the air situation and feeding Bentley Claire, I go in to wake up Elle and she is diaperless and wet in the crib. Looks like we might have to start putting her in the crib AND duck-taping her diapers on. Add it to the list.

I threw her in the bathtub, changed BC's diaper, fed the big girls, got them dressed, and made it to school at 10:00. Yes, 10:00 A.M. I guess when school really starts, the process will begin at 4:00. Sigh.

When we finally dropped Elle off, we went to visit my classroom, hit the farmer's market, made a necessary Starbucks run, and did the grocery store. We were "busy." 

Addie picked out some great fruit and veggies at the farmer's market. 



This is what Elle looked like when we picked her up from school. If you look really hard you will see her bow dangling from the back of her hair. Her mother should be ashamed...

BTW her daily note said that she had a great day. Not that I was worried.















We were home for a glorious 30 minutes until Elle decided to rid herself of her fresh poop diaper. In the living room. 

At this point Elle has had 3 baths in less than 24 hours. 

Andrew walked in the door right as I was getting onto Elle for stepping on Addie's head. Movie + Fort in living room = Too much for some people to handle

And then I left for Bunco...





No comments:

Post a Comment