Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bites

The other day we had a landscaper come by to help us draw out a plan for our backyard. Thank goodness he has small children because our dining room table was covered in laundry when he walked in. Three loads of laundry to be exact.

In the span of 30 minutes that he was here, we had lots of action. I put Elle down for two seconds so I could focus and look over to find her tangled up in a spider web with a red welp on her face. How does this child get into these situations? She didn't cry or even act like it bothered her. Spiders love their playhouse so I knew immediately what it was. I scooped her up, told Andrew and Will to carry on, and ran her inside. 

Did I have a plan? No. I grabbed an ice pack which she wouldn't hold on her face and tried to force it on the spot. Benadryl couldn't be given again because she still had it in her system from her mosquito bites. (Side note: The day before we had a mosquito trapped in our car. When I put her in the car she was mosquito bite free and by the time we made it 5 miles down the road, she had huge puffy mosquito bites all over her.) Cortizone cream was the only thing I could think of that she would keep on and would maybe keep the itching and swelling down. 

Neither of these things were her fault. I mean, you can't help insects biting you, but they seem to always happen to Elle.

While all of this was going down, Addie changed into four princess dresses and insisted that we look at each one. Never a dull moment.

I can't speak for the actions of our kids but the plan was perfect and more than what we asked for. Let's hope we can start going outside more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment