Friday, July 18, 2014

Date nights

Date nights are good for the soul. We don't go on dates often. When we do, they are wonderful. It's easy to get caught up in the chaos of the kids and forget about spending time together. I am always reminded of how badly we need this time.

If we have a babysitter I may end up spending 2 hours getting ready, to get ready, to go on a date. It's very similar to the school routine I talked about here. Luckily we both have our families here and they love (or pretend to love) keeping our kids. The kids would move in with either set of grandparents if they could. I'm pretty sure they love them more than us but that's ok.

There aren't a lot of adventurous things to do here so we end up eating out. This is fine because I enjoy getting dressed up every now and then. It doesn't have to be fancy. We have to think of things to talk about that don't relate to the kids or our household responsibilities. It's a great challenge for me.

Andrew is the talker. He can talk and talk and talk about the most random things. I am more of a listener and don't always have much to offer to the convo. I enjoy listening and he enjoys talking. It works.

On our last date night, we went to the Iron Horse Grill.

Yes, we go a lot.

But we changed locations for dessert and went to Local 463. Another favorite but we rarely get to go there. I had a gift card from a sweet family at school that I had been holding onto. We had bread pudding and it was amazing.

I love this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment