Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ballet

Just to state the obvious I am not a ballerina. Like every little girl I took ballet and was in a couple of recitals when I was about Addie's age. 

There is something about the ballet that really interests me though. The dancers are so poised and proper. And they are all so thin. Maybe I envy ballerinas and at one point dreamed of being one when I grew up? I don't know. I don't remember that. 

Obviously my life took a different turn. And so did my figure. 

Addie has really gotten into ballet this year so I took her on a big girl date (twice) to watch the IBC. The International Ballet Competition is held in Jackson every four years. It's a big deal. Was she old enough to sit through the whole thing? No. Were there other children there, you ask? No. 



But she loved it for the time that we were able to stay. And I really enjoyed it. 

We got all pumped up and signed Addie up for ballet this year. Real life, big studio ballet. There is a handbook and everything. Don't worry I'm not going to go all Dance Moms and audition for a TLC show. But if Addie really wants to try something new, by George I will learn how to do a proper bun and she will be there on time. 

Just call me the taxi driver.  


No comments:

Post a Comment