Sunday, February 13, 2011

Addie's birthday

Addie's first birthday has come and gone. I was a little bit sad Friday because she was asleep when I left for school. All day long I was getting texts wishing her a happy birthday and I had not even gotten to tell her myself. It seems like the whole day went on that way. I rushed home and she was napping. I had to go to the store before Alec's basketball game so I woke her up and rushed around, went the game, ate dinner...rush, rush rush! When we finally got home around 8:45, Andrew and I sang "Happy Birthday" to her and enjoyed her for a little while before bed.

Although none of Andrew's family was able to come to her party, we had a good time with my family. It was small, laid back and perfect.

Now we are left with a one year old! The next year brings a whole new learning experience for both of us.

Birthday party morning... this is what she looked like when she woke up.
Aunt Kris and I helped open all of her presents first.
Patiently waiting
Birthday hat (courtesy of Etsy)
Not quite sure what to do
Not a fan of cake
Starting to get into it
Smearing it all over
Mom, Granny (mom's mom), Nannie (dad's mom), Addie and I
Family pic
After her birthday party, we went to watch Alec beat Prep for the Division I Championship. She cheered the entire game! Yay, Uncle Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment