Sunday, February 27, 2011

Communication

Sometimes in this journey called life, we forget how to communicate. We forget to share with each other, to talk about the little things, and focus on the positive. If I am honest, I don't like small talk. I can do without the "how are you's" or the meaningless greetings. I am more of a deep conversation person. In my daily interactions, I fight hard against seeming stand-offish. It's not that at all! I just am not a surface level person. My family and close friends know me. They know when I want to talk, want to be by myself, when I am being stubborn, etc. Sometimes I wonder if Andrew knows these things or if he is just trying to change me, ha!

Getting back on track now, Andrew and I pass each other some days and forget how to maintain a relationship. We get so wrapped up in getting somewhere, making bottles, bathing Addie, or whatever it is that we do. A wise man, John Evans, once told us that life is much easier by yourself. But why would you want to be by yourself? Although it is sometimes hard, I would not trade one day. Without struggles and challenges, my life would be meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment