Saturday, April 17, 2010

Looking back

I want to rewind to Andrew's surprise birthday trip this past July for a minute. I saved up money for several months so that he wouldn't see any money leave the bank. We had reservations at the Dunleith in Natchez for a wonderful 4th of July weekend. It was so exciting for me to sneak around and plan all of this stuff. Keep in mind that I was about 2 1/2 months pregnant and VERY sick. My vivid memories of this trip do not match the excitement of planning it. I remember not being able to eat anything, drinking Sierra Mist religiously, and being close enough to the toilet to name it. Not one picture was taken on that trip. I am trying to forget how terrible pregnancy was for me but the truth is...I can't! I literally took a Zofran the morning I delivered. I was sick for a solid 9 months!

With all of those great memories behind us, I wouldn't take any of it back. Addie is such a blessing! She really is the most incredible little thing. It is amazing to think that while I was going through all of that, she was developing. While she lays on top of me, I just look at her and think about how special she is to Andrew and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment