Tuesday, September 2, 2014

10 years removed

Not many people show up with a double stroller and 3 kids to their 10 year high school reunion. We did...and we brought up the rear on the school tour. Turns out stairs, weight rooms, double strollers, and cranky kids don't mix. 

We opted out of the upstairs tour only to realize all of the doors downstairs were locked. Instead of going back out to the football game like normal people we decided to pile into the tiny elevator, go up and get the keys, pile back into tiny elevator, and unlock every door leading to the rest of the group. The entire time Elle was trying to Hulk her way out of the stroller straps. Logic was not something we were after. 

Elle also peeled off her shoes, socks, and bow and threw them out of the stroller along the way. Lovely.

It took us about 15 minutes to figure out how to get out of the weight room at the end of the tour. Our stroller wouldn't fit between the machines. We finally found a wider gap, opened the door to go outside, laughed at the 3 large steps, and plunged down them anyway. There was no other way. Comedy of errors but hey, live and learn.


Why would I go on the school tour when I teach there, you ask? Good question. I guess I wanted to see the school through the eyes of people who haven't been back in 10 years. I don't know. The stories were well worth it. 

I have to admit that I kind of dreaded the weekend. Sorry guys. It's not that I didn't want to see anyone from high school; it's just that I feel like I have changed so much since then. Turns out life has humbled us all. 

Andrew had a great time playing golf with the guys and I enjoyed catching up with everyone and meeting spouses. Looking forward to the 20 year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment