Monday, December 19, 2011

Enjoying this age

Addie will be two in February...that's hard to believe! This is such a fun age though. Besides the fact that she is a mini me, I love spending time with her. I'm not going to lie...she knows how to push my buttons. I have to be careful how I react and try to think back to what was effective with me. Neither one of us like to be told what to do. Well, of course this is a problem! I have to be very strategic and make her think that whatever I am getting her to do is her idea. It makes for an interesting adventure in parenting.

 This Christmas season we have decorated the tree together, thrown tea parties, baked, etc. It's been a great few days at home already! Ask me next week while I am POTTY TRAINING! To say that I am dreading it is a major understatement. Wish me luck!

 Watching as they tie on the tree
 Making memories...
 My little organizer. She sorted the ornaments for us.
 Carefully positioning the "kid friendly" ornaments on the bottom
 She grouped all of the ornaments that were the same. Hmm
Makeshift tea party with oatmeal cookies and hot cider. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment