Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Call it "school"

I used to hear the word daycare and cringe. Really. It sounds awful. Constantly sick kids, parents that work all the time, crying babies, the list goes on and on. I prefer the word school. We are a couple of weeks in and loving "school." Granted both girls have already been sick but that was to be expected. I'm hoping their immune systems will get a little tougher. They really do run like a school; they even have chapel every week. I would love to come watch one day.

When we walk through the halls to leave, all of the other teachers know Elle. I'm still deciding if this is a good or bad thing. I'm going to choose to believe it's because she is so sweet. She is. In a badger sort of way. One second she will be loving on you and the next she is scratching your face and making your bleed. (True story. Another blog post, another day.)

When I pick her up, I ask how she is doing fully anticipating some list of things we need to work on. I have gotten a good report every day so far. Whew! We've had a biting incident but I'm pretty sure that Elle held the kid down or did something aggressive to get those. It wasn't bad and hasn't happened again. 

Potty training is the worst thing in the world. That is a fact. Best news ever: Elle has used the potty TWO days in a row. Elle isn't even 2 yet and has already started this process. Whaaaat?! I have horror stories from potty training Addie too soon. These people are miracle workers and for that I am grateful. 

I'm sure we will have some good stories soon. 

First day of "school"

No comments:

Post a Comment